Thursday, March 29, 2007

30. "Hello," says me.

My cellphone rings alerting me of an incoming call. The number on the display says "Call 1". The caller has hidden the number. I just pick up the phone and say, "Hello!" in my characteristic voice.

I hear at the other end an imitator repeat my hello back at me! In the background I hear a child giggling.

Hmm! Seems like someone is trying to pull my leg, that too on the phone!

I keep quiet, and maintain my silence for a while, just to see if the caller can imitate that.

I now hear some more imitations of my first hello. Sorry dude, I won't budge from my silence, may what come. The child in the background is trying hard to retain its giggle, slowly losing the reason to do so.

And then I hear the click. The call has been ended! The tables have been turned! My silence worked! Yippee, said I in silence!


If the callers were trying to have fun by annoying someone they could reach by dialling some random number on their phone, they couldn't pull that trick on me! The silence has spoken!

Now I am searching for them, just to thank them for proving to me that "Silence Speaks Louder Than Words!"

1 comment:

Kannan said...

LOL....good response.

I remember when I was a kid, my younger sister and I used to play a similar prank with others by picking random phone numbers. One time one guy kept silent like this and we played a music for him over the phone, he said "nice music!"...lol